West & Co. Tenant Screening Criteria Form
Rental Application Policy and Procedure
Thank you for your interest in applying with West&Co. here in Spokane and Pullman, WA for your housing needs. To best serve you, we feel it is important that you are made aware of and fully understand our application policies and procedures.
Please read this page carefully before completing the application. It is the policy of this management company that applications must be complete, and all application fees paid prior to any application being processed. All completed applications are processed daily (Mon-Fri). As a reminder, application fees are non-refundable.
A complete application will contain:
- Completed West&Co. rental application (One for each person 18 years and older)
- $50.00 flat fee for a rental application (Payment can be made through the Pay Rent Tab on our website)
- Income verification submitted for each applicant.
- for each applicant (Current State-Issued Photo IDs or a Current Passport are acceptable forms of ID)
Equal Housing Opportunity
West & Co. follows a policy of fair and equal treatment to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, or disability and in compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws. We also have a responsibility to ensure the protection of our property, the residents’ right to peaceful occupancy and the owners’ financial interest. With this in mind, the following rental policy has been established.
Applicant Qualifying Criteria
Thank you for your interest in a rental home managed by West&Co. We require that all prospective residents meet the following qualifying criteria when completing the rental application:
- Gross income must be at least 3 times the market rent of the property for which you are applying and must be fully verified.
For most applicant situations, we verify income using paystubs and a written employment reference. For self-employed applicants, we require the last 60 days of bank statements and a prior year tax return showing required income amounts. Applicants receiving social security or other federal assistance must provide documentation thereof, including a statement of benefits and bank statements showing the income being received. Court-ordered spousal or child support may be considered with consistent payment history for the prior 12 months.
- Credit Score Qualifications
- 0-649 Fails to meet the Applicant Qualifying Criteria
- 650 and Above Meets or exceeds Applicant Qualifying Criteria
- Applicants with unestablished credit may use a co-signer
- Co-signer Qualifications
- If a co-signer is required, they must also apply and pay the application fee and must also meet all the criteria of an applicant (including a Tenant AI Score of 700 or higher) AND have verifiable gross income of at least 3 times the rent.
- Applicant must provide information for their current and immediately previous landlords.
Verifiable rental history for a period of at least 24 months, in which all the lease terms have been satisfactorily fulfilled, is required.
- Applicant must physically reside in the property for which they are applying.
Applicant must live in the rental unit and must disclose all persons that will be occupying the unit. All persons residing in the property are subject to background checks prior to occupancy. All persons 18 years of age or older must be a leaseholder and qualify for the unit with the applicant.
- A criminal background check will be completed on all occupants 18 years of age or older.
Criminal records must contain no convictions for felonies within the past 7 years involving the manufacture or distribution of controlled substances or physical violence against other persons. For other felony convictions, we will conduct individualized assessments that take into account mitigating factors, such as facts & circumstances surrounding the criminal conduct, age at time of conduct, evidence of good tenancy before and after conduct, nature & severity of conviction and the amount of time that has passed since the conviction. Criminal history which indicates that an applicant’s tenancy would constitute a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals or whose tenancy could result in substantial physical damage to the property of the owner or others may result in rejection of the application.
- If a prospect is declined based on the criteria listed, landlord reserves the right to take adverse action.
This may include denial of the application, the requirement to pay a higher security deposit, or the requirement to obtain a qualified co-signer. If a co-signer is required, they must also apply and pay the application fee and must also meet all the criteria of an applicant (including a Tenant AI Score of 700 or higher) AND have verifiable gross income of at least 3 times the rent.
- Occupancy limits have been established by the size of the unit.
Maximum number of persons allowed is as follows (unless otherwise defined by statute or local ordinance): No more than 2 occupants per bedroom plus one.
- Falsifying information on an application will be grounds for immediate rejection of the application.
By applying, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the above qualifying criteria.